Friday 19 July 2013

New iMember App shows you where it pays to belong

We have made it easier than ever for our users to claim their ‘forgotten’ fringe benefits by launching a brand new iPhone and Android App – available to download completely free of charge.




It’s money for nothing, you just have to remember you’re a member.  But with so many UK consumers needing a little reminder every now and then – and that’s where the new iMember App comes in.


I've been testing the app for a few weeks.  I belong to a number of organisations, like The AA, and my gym, I subscribe to the Times, and get my insurance from MoreThan but I was always forgetting the fringe benefits they offered.  This app helps me remember I’m a member when I am out and about.   It was a natural progression for iMember to combine the benefits of membership with the growing capabilities of smartphones. Using GPS technology, it shows the user all current discounts and promotions in their location with an interactive map – whether you are at home,  on holiday, on the local high street or on the train to work.

The app can give an electronic ‘nudge’ or push notification when you are close to a benefit.  Reminders are given at a distance of between 0.5 – 10 miles from the smartphone’s location, and  this can easily be adjusted in ‘settings’ so nudges are more or less frequent depending on your preference.

Taking the ease of use and flexibility of the website, and adding improved accessibility via a handheld smartphone, it can be adapted to meet every user’s specific needs.  Whether searching for available benefits by product type, location or organisation, users get instant access to deals and step-by-step advice on how to claim them – it’s that simple.  Looking for somewhere to eat? The iMember app will tell you which restaurants near you offer discounts because of who you are.  Want to go to an attraction?  iMember makes sure you don’t miss out on what you are entitled to.

The feedback we're getting from early users has been very positive: "The service is great and I've used it to get free national trust passes as didn't realise my bank offered these." says Chris. "when I was out today it told me about an English Heritage benefit!"  says Lucy.


To get the app just click on the button below:




You can use the app to update the organisations you subscribe to, or use the website

No comments:

Post a Comment