Wednesday 2 October 2013

iMember according to Bridget Jones*

"So I'm back. Yes, I know it's been a while and a-LOT has happened. The world has changed; Mark Darcy has gone - (no, really gone, as in not ever ever coming back); I've got two beautiful children; I don't have an answer phone any more; I don't write a diary - I blog. A few things are still the same - Daniel F***wit Cleaver is still in my life (thank goodness actually); AND my friends who I love with all my might, are still around. I am "workless" and endeavouring to face life with a big smile on my face. Am rather terrified of this technical world we live in but embracing it and it's advantages all the same. 

I was introduced to iMember by Tom (hurrah, still a singleton!) - he knows all about the latest internet stuff - at first I thought it was a dating agency - NO THANK YOU!! - but actually it turns out it's a real gem! You go to their website iMember.co.uk and list all the organisations you are a member of and then the website tells you all the membership benefits you are entitled to. You wouldn't believe the stuff I've been missing out on:- wine discounts from Laithwates via Barclays; 2 for 1 deals in restaurants and great days out with my babies from the AA; a pile of discounts from Mumsnet; and my poor rotting gym membership at David Lloyd no longer rots (no, I don't use the gym...) as I use the fabulous benefits that membership brings me. I may even renew my membership with the British Guild of Travel Writers so I can enjoy their benefits - I really was a good travel writer back in the old days!

Anyway - must dash to get the children from school; we're going to devour a huge box of cupcakes from rachael's kitchen. I got 15% off the price simply because we have private health cover with AXA PPP. iMember - what would I do without you?"

(*written by Alexandra Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment